Helpful Boating Apps
Technology has an impact on almost everything we do today, often making things a lot better and easier — including boating.
Thanks to modern technology like smartphones, boaters now have an enormous amount of useful information right at their fingertips. Here are a few helpful apps for boating.
- Dockwa – With Dockwa, boaters can easily find marinas at their destination, request a slip or mooring and handle reservations and payment.
- Boating Weather – You should always check the weather before leaving the dock. The Boating Weather App is easy to use and uses National Weather Service info to show you the wind speed, surf and wave height for your area.
- Navionics Boating GPS – This popular boating GPS provides detailed charts and offers advanced features like chart updates, dock-to-dock rerouting, plus weather and tide information.
- Boat Ramps – This app from TakeMeFishing.org helps you locate and get directions to more than 35,000 boat ramps throughout the U.S.
- Bait Shops – The Bait Shops app is a fast and easy way to locate bait and tackle shops in your area. It is home to an ever-growing database of more than 10,000 shops.
- Animated Knots – The Animated Knots app is a helpful resource for learning useful knots with easy-to-follow instructions and animations.
- Buoy Tracker – Buoy Tracker gives you information on current boating conditions using the most recent NOAA buoy data on wave, wind, atmospheric pressure, swell data, and much more.